In his February 28th address to Congress, after explaining that the Affordable Care Act had failed, President Trump outlined seven proposals to fix our broken healthcare system:
- Ensure that Americans with pre-existing conditions have access to coverage
- and that we have a stable transition for Americans currently enrolled in the Healthcare Exchanges.
- We should help people purchase their own coverage through the use of tax credits and expanded Health Savings Accounts, but it must be the plan they want, not the plan forced on them by our government.
- We should give our state governors the resources and flexibility they need with Medicaid to make sure no one is left out.
- We should implement legal reforms that protect patients and doctors from unnecessary costs that drive up the price of insurance
- and work to bring down the artificially high price of drugs, and bring them down immediately.
- Finally, the time has come to give Americans the freedom to purchase health insurance across state lines, which will create a truly competitive national marketplace that will bring cost way down and provide far better care, so important.